inkl. MwSt. zzgl. Versandkosten
Sofort versandfertig, Lieferzeit ca. 1-3 Werktage
- ISBN-10: 0857332198
- ISBN-13: 9780857332196
by Richard Copping
Beautifully designed, this large-format book of is the most complete and extensive telling of the Volkswagen Camper story from its very beginnings over 60 years ago to the latest factory models and conversions being produced today. This lavish book makes extensive use of contemporary brochures and modern day photography, supported by an informative text focused on the much-loved Campers and the various companies that were responsible for converting them. This is a very special book about a very popular subject.
Part I: Westfalia - from Camping Kits to Campmobiles and the California
- A really early Westfalia brochure
- Formalising the relationship
- The SO23: a defining moment
- The SO35: a pear-wood alternative
- Introducing the Campmobile
- Send this kit to camp - Getaway car
- Which body type makes good campers?
- Introducing the Canadiana
- Caravelle Camper-wagon
- Sundial, De Luxe or King Size?
- E-Z Camper - Camping Fun!
- The SO42 - welcoming the Pop-Top
- One story - two markets
- Westfalia in South Africa
- Westfalia and the second generation
- Westalia - SO62 one year only
- Presenting the Westalia SO67R
- The Kampmobile SO67R
- Australian Campmobiles
- A clutch of Campmobiles SO69
- The home-grown Campmobile
- SO72/13 The Continental
- More home-grown Campmobiles and Sportsmobile's own models
- South Africa and the Jurgens Auto-Villa
- The Karmann Karosserie muscles in
- A Standard Campmobile P22
- Westfalia Joker - new name, classic layout
- A new concept - the Tischer Demountable
- The Dehler Profi - a sophisticated rival
- Westfalia California - a sun-kissed update
- Built in the USA - "The Elegant Escape"
- California Freestyle - a final fling for Westfalia
- Volkswagen's own California
Part II: "You can't appreciate Devon in a day"
- From builder's shed to the famous Alexandria Works
- Pioneer Peter Pitt's "Moto-Caravan"
- Moortown Motors - Made in Yorkshire
- The craftsmanship of a curved cabinet
- The Devon Caravanette - hand-polished oak c1962
- Presenting the Service Mota-Caravan
- A duo of long-forgotten names
- Everybody knows Dormobile
- New model, new name - the Eurovette 1968
- The Danbury from Danbury
- A Viking invasion from Motorhomes
- Devon's latest - the Moonraker c1971
- The comeback kid - Caravette c1973
- Determining the brand name and enhanced prospects
- When Volkswagen and Devon became one - an exercise in marketing
- Changing times at Devon
- "A brand new Motor Caravan" - the Moonraker c1979
- Danbury and the third generation
- New names and a collection of T3 Campers
- Holdsworth's have the reputation
- Turning to the T4 and T5
- Danbury reborn - a classic alternative!
Buch, Hardcover, 23,5 x 28,5 cm 400 Seiten, 300 farbige und 100 s/w-Abbildungen, englischer Text
Einzelstück - Zustand: neu