inkl. MwSt. zzgl. Versandkosten
Sofort versandfertig, Lieferzeit ca. 1-3 Werktage
- ISBN-10: 0957645031
- ISBN-13: 9780957645035
by Ibrar Malik
1994 was a watershed year for F1 in so many ways, the fatal accidents of Roland Ratzenberger and Ayrton Senna shook the sport to its core. What followed was mayhem. For the first time all the arguments are painstakingly examined in one book. Fresh insights, exclusive interviews, and a plethora of evidence is brought together in a story that is guaranteed to amaze and shock.
This book is a thorough examination of a turbulant season, including:
- Rushed car changes
- Teams unhappy with how the crisis was managed
- A power struggle for control of the sport
- Vague rules being exploited
- Accusations of politically motivated penalties
- An alleged cover-up after a horrific pit-lane fire
- A controversial conclusion
It also saw Michael Schumacher and Benetton first emerge as championship contenders, upsetting the establishment. Many believed their sudden rise was down to cheating, whilst others felt they were scapegoated because of politics. For the first time all the arguments are painstakingly examined in one book. Fresh insights, exclusive interviews, and a plethora of evidence is brought together to give the clearest analysis yet into the above events. The book contains over 250 photos which help bring this story to life, many of which are rare and from those involved.
There are exclusive contributions from former F1 driver Mark Blundell, Benetton insiders: Willem Toet, Frank Dernie, Simon Morley (the “junior employee” blamed for the Hockenheim fire). Williams’ insiders Paul West and Richard Wise. You will be astonished at what is unearthed. 1994 was tragic, chaotic, political, technical and involved some very colorful characters at the heart of the action. It’s a story that will amaze.
- Did Senna hear illegal traction control on Schumacher’s Benetton at Aida?
- Concealed launch control was later found on Schumacher’s Benetton. Why?
- Was the Hockenheim fire caused by Benetton removing their fuel filter?
- Despite pleading guilty, why did Benetton receive no serious punishments after the fire?
- Schumacher was banned / disqualified from a quarter of 1994 races due to various infringements. Politics or cheating?
- Did a return to simpler cars contribute to the accidents?
The book seeks to answer these and many more questions.
Buch, Softcover, 21 x 27 cm, 161 Seiten, ca. 300 farbige Abbildungen, englischer Text