inkl. MwSt. zzgl. Versandkosten
Sofort versandfertig, Lieferzeit ca. 1-3 Werktage
- ISBN-10: 1845842499
- ISBN-13: 9781845842499
by Andrew McCredie and Paula Reisner
Frank Reisner, a Hungarian-born Canadian-educated chemical engineer, turned a youthful passion for cars into one of the most famous small production sports car building companies in the world.
From modest beginnings based in the automotive mecca of Turin, Italy, throughout the 1960s and into the 1970s, Intermeccanica conceived, designed and produced a dozen different models that shook the motoring world, and went on to find homes in museums and collections from Europe to the United States and Japan. Most notable of these models are the Apollo, the Italia and the Indra.
From Italy it was on to California, where Reisner revolutionised the Porsche replicar market with his groundbreaking fibreglass Speedster design, followed by the Roadster RS, which the company continues to produce at its Vancouver, BC, Canada headquarters.
Along the way, Reisner and Intermeccanica dealt with, and in one case sued, the largest automotive manufacturers in the world, all the while maintaining an independent streak and maverick spirit that would come to define the man and his company.
- From the ashes of war (Frank’s early years)
- A new beginning in the New World (Frank moves to Canada and love affair of all things cars grows)
- An 18-year European vacation (Frank and Paula go on a vacation to Europe and end up setting up Intermeccanica in Italy)
- PO Box 153 (The post office box number that started it all for Intermeccanica)
- Finding the right Formula
- IMPish charm
- The Apollo takes flight
- A wild ride with a man named Jack
- Eccentric cars for eccentric minds
- Firing on all cylinders
- Italia and Indra keep Intermeccanica hopping
- All eggs in one basket
- Arrivederci Italy
- Mecca for motorheads
- California Dreaming
- Court dates and moving dates
- A homecoming of sorts
- L'ingegnere's final build
Buch, Hardcover, 25,5 x 25,5 cm, 192 Seiten, 150 farbige und 50 s/w-Abbildungen, englischer Text