inkl. MwSt. zzgl. Versandkosten
Sofort versandfertig, Lieferzeit ca. 1-3 Werktage
- ISBN-10: 1910505633
- ISBN-13: 9781910505632
by Thillainathan Pathmanathan and Anne Christina Reck
When launched at the Geneva motor show in 1971, the Lamborghini Countach was like a vision of the future, with its incredibly radical styling by Bertone’s Marcello Gandini. Through various evolutionary stages, the Countach remained in production from 1973 to 1990 and during that time 1,997 examples were manufactured, making it exceedingly rare as well as highly desirable. Subsequently the magnificent Countach has risen to almost mythical status among collectors and enthusiasts. Now, as the model approaches its 50th anniversary, two passionate and deeply knowledgeable Countach co-owners have written an authoritative new book - the first English-language study of the car for 30 years - to celebrate this fabled Italian supercar in all its glory.
- The Countach’s spectacular design and unique engineering are explored in depth, including analysis of its Bizzarrini-designed V12 engine with forward-mounted gearbox (giving ‘south-north’ orientation), intricate spaceframe chassis and aerodynamics.
- Painstaking development of the original LP500 prototype into the final LP400 production version is covered in detail, with insights into the work of key figures Paolo Stanzani, Giampaolo Dallara, Bob Wallace and Massimo Parenti.
- Production evolution is explained, from LP400 to LP400S and LP500S, then the definitive 5000 Quattrovalvole (QV) versions with four-valve cylinder heads, culminating in the ‘88½’ and ‘25th Anniversary’ models.
- For today’s owners and aspiring owners, matters of maintenance and restoration are investigated, with plenty of personal perspective.
- Speaking from the heart: Thillainathan Pathmanathan describes a 30-year journey towards Countach ownership, including visits to the Sant’Agata factory and encounters with significant people in the Countach story.
- Tonino Lamborghini, son of founder Ferrucio Lamborghini, provides a special chapter dispelling common myths, misconceptions and mistakes about the cars and the company.
- Comprehensive presentation of data includes the best available information on the thorny subject of chassis numbering and production figures.
Buch, Hardcover, 23,5 x 28 cm, 336 Seiten, ca. 400 größtenteils farbige Abbildungen, englischer Text