inkl. MwSt. zzgl. Versandkosten
Sofort versandfertig, Lieferzeit ca. 1-3 Werktage
- ISBN-10: 0992820901
- ISBN-13: 9780992820909
by Tony Dodgins
This definitive record of Ayrton Senna's racing life provides detailed coverage of every single race in which he competed, including karting, Formula Ford, Formula 3 and Formula 1, in addition to one-off appearances and tests in other categories, such as the World Sports Car Championship and Indy Car. The engaging text features insightful new material drawn from interviews with many of Senna's rivals and colleagues and is accompanied by a rich array of high-quality period photographs. This lavish book provides a fitting tribute to a Formula 1 legend whose legacy today extends far beyond the world of motor racing.
- Published ahead of the 20th anniversary of Senna's tragic death during the San Marino Grand Prix at Imola in 1994.
- The fabulous photographs in this bookwere captured through the lenses of Sutton Images, where brothers Keith and Mark Sutton between them followed Senna's meteoric career from the very beginning. Their contribution starts with his very first race win and ends with poignant images from Imola '94.
- The karting years: racing in Brazil and South America between 1973 and 1977, and Senna's efforts to win the elusive karting World Championship between 1978 and 1981.
- Formula Ford 1600 and 2000: racing with the Van Diemen works team in 1981, before progressing to FF2000 in 1982, dominating the British and European championships.
- Formula 3: the battle with Martin Brundle for the 1983 British F3 Championship.
- Formula 1 baptism with Toleman: nearly winning the rain-shortened Monaco Grand Prix, and qualifying third at Estoril, behind Piquet's Brabham and Prost's McLaren.
- The Lotus years, 1985–87: Senna's first wins, at Estoril and Spa in 1985, two more wins in 1986, and his final Lotus year, with wins in Monaco and Detroit, before signing for McLaren for the 1988 season.
- The McLaren years, 1988–93: first world title in 1988 followed by an acrimonious year with team-mate Alain Prost in 1989.
- Two further world titles in 1990 and 1991, as Williams emerges to dominate with Nigel Mansell and Alain Prost, Senna winning five races in his final year for McLaren.
- The final season: driving for a no-longer-dominant Williams, struggling to take the fight to Benetton and Michael Schumacher, before tragically losing his life at Imola.
Buch, Hardcover, 24,5 x 30 cm, 304 Seiten, 275 größtenteils farbige Abbildungen, englischer Text