inkl. MwSt. zzgl. Versandkosten
Sofort versandfertig, Lieferzeit ca. 1-3 Werktage
- ISBN-10: 1787112799
- ISBN-13: 9781787112797
by Brian James Martin
In this book, Brian Martin tells the story of his life as a long-time employee at Jaguar, giving a first-hand account of the development and production processes, and the ups and downs of factory life through the eyes of someone who was actually there.
In this part-autobiographical and part-historical account, the author tells of his childhood in a typical working family of the depression era, and then describes his career from starting at the Jaguar factory in 1949, through a spell doing national service in the RAF and then going back to Jaguar. He left briefly in 1972 to try other jobs, but returned to the factory in the mid-1970s.
Providing a fascinating insight into the Jaguar production process, the book also covers the development of the XK120, Mk V, Mk VII, MK X, the Mark 1 and 2 saloons, the XKSS, E1A, E2A, lightweight E-types, XJ6, XJ12, and XJS.
- Why Jaguar?
- 1949 - I join Jaguar, the NUVB, and Labour
- 1949-1950 - The XK120, assembly line chaos, and Gladys and Dorothy
- 1950-1951 - Earls Court Motor Show, my first date, and the Mk VII
- 1951-1955 - The RAF, towing aircraft, and night flying
- 1955 - Jaguar at Browns Lane, 24 Hours of Le Mans, and my first car
- 1956 - A royal visit, Jaguar retires from racing, and preparing for Earls Court
- 1957 - The XKSS, the fire, and a new position
- 1957-1958 - The experimental department, a Ford van, and rallying
- 1958-1959 - The Mk II in competition, E1A, and E2A
- 1960-1961 - The Grand Prix, my first Jaguar, and Sandy Lane
- 1961-1962 - The Mk X, more racing, and the early lightweights
- 1963-1965 - The lightweights, the XJ range, and a big decision
- 1965-1972 - New jobs, Forward Engineering, and coming full circle
- 1972-1973 - Old friends, assembly lines, and Browns Lane transformed
- 1974-1978 - The XJC, the XJS, and leaving Jaguar
- Epilogue: My Jaguars
Buch, Hardcover, 16 x 24 cm, 176 Seiten, 99 teils farbige Abbildungen, englischer Text