inkl. MwSt. zzgl. Versandkosten
Sofort versandfertig, Lieferzeit ca. 1-3 Werktage
- ISBN-10: 1787115798
- ISBN-13: 9781787115798
by Graham Robson
This brand-new edition of Graham Robson’s original Haynes publication explores every aspect of BMW M3 history, including its motorsport success worldwide. From the original E30 of 1986, through E36, E46, and E90 to the 6th gen of 2020, and the M4, it includes full, detailed specifications for each generation, and brings the M3 story right up to the present day, covering all models produced between 2013 and 2021, including M4.
The BMW M3 was developed in the 1980s, and was intended to be the world’s most successful racing saloon car. Not only did it achieve that in its very first season of motorsport, but went on to achieve lasting commercial success as a high performance road car, with over 300,000 units sold. Between 1987 and 2004, the naturally aspirated 2.3-litre E30 M3 won the 24 Hours of Nürburgring five times, and won the Spa 24 Hours four times.
Gaining titles in World, Euro, British, Italian, German and Australian Touring Car Championships, the M3 also competed as a rally car, contesting national and World Rally Championship rounds between 1987 and 1989, and, in the hands of Bernard Béguin gained a victory on the Tour de Corse in ’87.
Lavishly illustrated with superb photographs, detailed illustrations, and cutaways, this comprehensive model history reveals the full story and legacy of these high performance premium saloons, with performance summaries and production numbers from 1986 to 2020. With a prologue covering BMW’s motorsport tradition since the 1930s, including Formula 1, FIA Group 4 racing, and detailing the original mid-engined M1, this is the most comprehensive and detailed up-to-date record available.
- M3 time line
- E30 - the original M3 1986-1991
- E30 in motorsport - World Champions, European Champions, and so much more
- E36 models - the first six-cylinder cars
- Blood relative - the M5 evolves as a "sister" car
- E36 Evolution - more power, more performance, more variety
- E46 range - refining a great formula, 2000-2006
- E90 models - with a mighty new V8 engine
- More motor racing - DTM, world events, success around the world
- Fifth-generation M3s, and the first M4s - from 2014
- New in 2020 - the sixth-generation range develops
- Appendix A: Not forgetting - M Roadsters and Coupés, 1 Series M Coupés, M635CSis, X5Ms and more - an entire M family
- Appendix B: BMW's four-cylinder engines from 1961
- Appendix C: BMW's sweet and silky "six"
- Appendix D: New six-cylinder engines for the 21st century
- Specification charts:
M3 E30 type
M3 E36 type
M3 E36 Evolution type
M3 E46 type
M3 E46 CSL type
M3 E90/92/93 types
M3 and M4 F80/82/83 types
M3 and M4 G20 types
Covers the BMW M3 E30 type, E35, E35 Evolution, E46, E46 CSL, E90, E92, E93, M3 and M4 F80, F82, and F83, and M3 and M4 G20 models. Performance summaries include max speed, 0-60, 0-80 and 0-100mph times, weights and fuel consumptions, and cover the M3 E30, E30 Evo II, M3 E36, M3 E36 AMG, M3 E46, M3 CSL E46 and M3 E92.
Buch, Hardcover, 23,5 x 28,5 cm, 256 Seiten, 263 farbige Abbildungen, englischer Text