inkl. MwSt. zzgl. Versandkosten
Sofort versandfertig, Lieferzeit ca. 1-3 Werktage
innerhalb Deutschlands (Ausland abweichend)
- ISBN-10: lamcou-pac
- ISBN-13: 0000000000000
Lamborghini Countach · Supercars
by Francesco Patti
The Lamborghini Countach: a remarkable supercar, a car of extreme and timeless appeal is the protagonist of this new monograph. The book opens with the long period of gestation in which Marcello Gandini – then head of design at Carrozzeria Bertone – defined the futuristic lines of a car that, to many at first sight seemed to have come from another planet thanks to the taut, sharply creased lines of its bodywork and its muscular mechanical specification, with the V12 engine located behind the driver’s shoulders. When it progressed from a concept to a production model (LP 400), the Countach successfully maintained its charisma, becoming one of the most enduring supercars of all.
The thorough text draws on the direct testimony of many of the figures who contributed to the creation of the Countach: from Marcello Gandini to Giampaolo Dallara and through to the invaluable insights provided by the daughter of Paolo Stanzani.
The book covers all the principal versions of the Countach: from the first LP 500 to the LP 400, from the 48-valve to the monstrous 5000 QW through to the 25 Anniversario that in 1990 represented the final chapter in the history of this unforgettable car.
La Lamborghini Countach: una supercar straordinaria, una vettura estrema dal fascino senza tempo è la protagonista di questa nuova monografia. Il volume si apre con il lungo percorso che condusse Marcello Gandini – all’epoca capo del design della Carrozzeria Bertone – a definire le avveniristiche linee di un’automobile che, al suo primo apparire, a molti sembrò un oggetto venuto da un altro pianeta per le linee tese ed affilate della carrozzeria ma anche per la poderosa meccanica: il 12 cilindri a V collocato alle spalle dell’abitacolo. Quando dal concept si passò al modello di produzione (LP 400), la Countach seppe mantenere intatto il proprio carisma divenendo una delle supercars più longeve di sempre.
Il rigoroso testo a firma di Francesco Patti si avvale anche della testimonianza di molti personaggi che contribuirono alla creazione della Countach: da Marcello Gandini a Giampaolo Dallara sino al prezioso contributo della figlia di Paolo Stanzani.
All’interno di questo volume trovano spazio tutte le principali evoluzioni della Countach: dalla prima LP 500 alla LP 400, dalla 48 valvole alla mostruosa 5000 QW sino alla 25 Anniversario che nel 1990 costituì l’ultimo capitolo nella storia di questa indimenticabile automobile.
Buch, Hardcover, 24,5 x 27 cm, 168 Seiten, zahlreiche überwiegend farbige Abbildungen, zweisprachiger Text (englisch/italienisch)
by Thillainathan Pathmanathan and Anne Christina Reck
When launched at the Geneva motor show in 1971, the Lamborghini Countach was like a vision of the future, with its incredibly radical styling by Bertone’s Marcello Gandini. Through various evolutionary stages, the Countach remained in production from 1973 to 1990 and during that time 1,997 examples were manufactured, making it exceedingly rare as well as highly desirable. Subsequently the magnificent Countach has risen to almost mythical status among collectors and enthusiasts. Now, as the model approaches its 50th anniversary, two passionate and deeply knowledgeable Countach co-owners have written an authoritative new book - the first English-language study of the car for 30 years - to celebrate this fabled Italian supercar in all its glory.
- The Countach’s spectacular design and unique engineering are explored in depth, including analysis of its Bizzarrini-designed V12 engine with forward-mounted gearbox (giving ‘south-north’ orientation), intricate spaceframe chassis and aerodynamics.
- Painstaking development of the original LP500 prototype into the final LP400 production version is covered in detail, with insights into the work of key figures Paolo Stanzani, Giampaolo Dallara, Bob Wallace and Massimo Parenti.
- Production evolution is explained, from LP400 to LP400S and LP500S, then the definitive 5000 Quattrovalvole (QV) versions with four-valve cylinder heads, culminating in the ‘88½’ and ‘25th Anniversary’ models.
- For today’s owners and aspiring owners, matters of maintenance and restoration are investigated, with plenty of personal perspective.
- Speaking from the heart: Thillainathan Pathmanathan describes a 30-year journey towards Countach ownership, including visits to the Sant’Agata factory and encounters with significant people in the Countach story.
- Tonino Lamborghini, son of founder Ferrucio Lamborghini, provides a special chapter dispelling common myths, misconceptions and mistakes about the cars and the company.
- Comprehensive presentation of data includes the best available information on the thorny subject of chassis numbering and production figures.
Buch, Hardcover, 23,5 x 28 cm, 336 Seiten, ca. 400 größtenteils farbige Abbildungen, englischer Text