inkl. MwSt. zzgl. Versandkosten
Sofort versandfertig, Lieferzeit ca. 1-3 Werktage
innerhalb Deutschlands (Ausland abweichend)
- ISBN-10: 1787115038
- ISBN-13: 9781787115033
by Myles Kornblatt
This fascinating story charts the career of Max Hoffman, the US car dealer who represented Jaguar, Porsche, Mercedes, Volkswagen, Fiat, Lancia, BMW, and many other European car brands during the decades following WWII. He pushed for distinguished now-classics like the Mercedes 300 SL Gullwing, Porsche Speedster, BMW 507, and Alfa Romeo Giulietta Spider.
Hoffman built a reputation as an effective middleman, but as the car companies he represented became more successful under his watch, the less they needed their go-between. When it was inevitably time to say goodbye to Maxie, he showed his teeth with everything from lawsuits against his suppliers, to threatening executives with a mob hit.
However, Hoffman also had a very good reason to be defensive. He understood the American market, and he pushed manufacturers specifically for cars that would strike a chord and make everybody involved richer. Sometimes the hero, sometimes the villain, but more often than not, Max Hoffman was the unseen puppet master behind some of today’s best classics.
- The story of Max Hoffmann - the car dealer who introduced the USA to Jaguar, Mercedes, Volkswagen, Porsche, BMW, and more
- The man who helped shape the futures of major car companies...
- ...and ignited a passion for sports cars in the USA
- His house and showroom were designed by Frank Lloyd Wright
- He persuaded dealers to take unloved Beetles to get popular Jaguars
- The master of cunning contracts that paid well without selling cars
- Max Hoffman: a true automotive puppet master
Buch, Hardcover, 20,5 x 25 cm, 160 Seiten, 227 teils farbige Abbildungen, englischer Text