inkl. MwSt. zzgl. Versandkosten
Versandkostenfreie Lieferung innerhalb Deutschlands
Sofort versandfertig, Lieferzeit ca. 1-3 Werktage
innerhalb Deutschlands (Ausland abweichend)
- ISBN-10: 1956309098
- ISBN-13: 9781956309096
by Necah Stewart Furman, Ph.D.
This biography of Raymond H. Dietrich, known as “the automotive architect of the classic era,” is not only an entertaining and well-researched societal history, telling the Dietrich story within the context of the times from the turn-of-the century through the eight decades of his life, it is also replete with over 600 photographs of art on wheels—the elegant Dietrich-designed classic cars of the 1920s and 1930s. Car collectors and restorers will find the “Cavalcade of Dietrich Design Work” chapter to be a treasure-trove of 78 archival-type automotive photographs tracing the development of Dietrich’s extraordinary talent and innovations. Historians and auto enthusiasts alike will appreciate how this handsomely illustrated book evokes a sense of time and place as the author skillfully transports the reader from one era to another in the life of a fascinating man who left such an impressive legacy of classic car design. This biography will interest both the general reader and the car collector.
Pulitzer nominee and prize-winning author of seven books and many articles and reviews, Necah Stewart Furman, Ph.D., was selected by the Dietrich family as his biographer. Granted numerous hours of taped interviews, she was also given access to Dietrich’s personal business and legal files, photographs, designs, and lithographs.
Well-known automotive author Richard Burns Carson employs his engaging literary style in writing the annotations for the photographs in the final chapter, while respected historian and coachwork specialist Walter E. Gosden lends his imprimatur with the Preface.
- Originally written by Pulitzer Prize nominee Necah Stewart Furman, Ph.D. and placed under copyright in 1981, this revised, comprehensive and entertaining biography of famous classic car designer Raymond H. Dietrich is an accurate record of his life and times based upon records and interviews unavailable to others.
- Over 600 photographs and documents, many never previously published.
- Traces the eight decades of the designer's life and times revealing little known aspects of his career; his triumphs over tragedy.
- Contains almost eighty archival photographs with annotations by automotive author, Richard Burns Carson.
- Includes a "Back to the Future" section of beautifully restored Classics renovated by present-day owners with loving care and technical expertise, photographed by acclaimed photographer Hugues Vanhoolandt.
- Automotive historians, car collectors, and those simply looking for a good read will appreciate how this handsome biography of Raymond H. Dietrich evokes a sense of time and place, and also manages to correct published misinformation in the process.
Buch, Hardcover, 29,5 x 26 cm, 640 Seiten, ca. 600 teils farbige Abbildungen, englischer Text