Prices incl. VAT plus shipping costs
Ready for immediate shipment
Delivery time appr. 1-3 workdays (inside Germany)
- Order number: 1787113566
- ISBN-13: 9781787113565
by Norm Mort
This book tells the story of the Buick Riviera; how it artfully blended styling, luxury, comfort and performance from its earliest years as a trim model, to its dramatic debut in 1963 as an exciting unique automobile for the Buick Division.
By 1960, Buick sales were tumbling steadily downward and it became obvious that drastic changes were required in not only styling and performance, but in the GM Division’s overall public image too.
The Riviera of the future would not exist simply as a stylish version of another model in the Buick line-up. The Riviera was slated to lead Buick’s renaissance. The Riviera would shed what was left of Buick’s conservative, immediate post-war image, and thrust the Division into the groovy, swinging sixties.
The Riviera over the next decade was seen as a more sophisticated ‘cool’ aimed at the successful up-and-coming, shirt and tie, business types, rather than the tie-dye T-shirt, blue jean, mod squad!
Included in this book is all the pertinent data and information on the 1963 to 1973 Riviera models enthusiasts will enjoy, as well as a quick look at some of the sweetest customised Riviera models ever built that cruise the roadways today!
- In-depth coverage of the first three generations of Buick’s stylish, luxurious and performance-oriented Riviera
- Features a myriad of previously unpublished photographs, brochure and advertising images
- Includes period road test and performance data, factory specifications, trim and models offered
- Details of optional equipment offered
- Year-by-year coverage of changes and upgrades of each model year
- Engine specs and production figures for each model year from 1963 to 1973
- Includes reviews published by contemporary consumer publications
- Marketing focus changes analysed over the decade and for each generation
- Examination of the Riviera concept from 1949 to 1962
- Focus on unique styling cues of the Buick Riviera with GM and Buick Divisions
Buch, Softcover, 21 x 19,5 cm, 96 Seiten, 110 größtenteils farbige Abbildungen, englischer Text